About our dental plans
Our broad portfolio of dental products makes it easy to find a plan that's right for you.
|PPO/Open Access||INO||Select Managed Care/DHMO||Value|
|Search the Network||PPO 20
|Requires primary care dentist||No||No||Varies by state||No|
|Requires specialist referral||No||No||Varies by state||No|
|Coverage||Network and out-of-network||Network only||Network only||Network and out-of-network|
|Oral cancer screening||✔||✔||Varies by state|
|Prenatal benefits||✔||✔||Varies by state|
|Dental reward programs||✔||✔|
|Eligibility and funding|
|Fully insured groups of 2+5||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Fully insured groups of 2 to 2,999||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Self-funded groups of 3,000+||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Available on a voluntary or non-contributory basis||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Available as a dual option6||✔||✔||✔||✔|
- Network numbers as of May 2017.
- Mathews MJ, Mathews EH, Mathews GE. Oral health and coronary heart disease. BMC Oral Health. 2016;16(1):122. Published online November 15, 2016. doi: 10.1186/s12903-016-0316-7.
- Orthodontia coverage is available for companies who have 10 or more employees with a minimum of eight enrolled members.
- Select Managed Care/DHMO plans in DE, MD, PA, VA and Washington DC, are only available to groups of 100 or more.
- Dual option is available to groups with at least 10 or more enrolled members; plan differential should have at least 20% variance; each plan should target a minimum participation level of 20% or more subscribers.
- With PPO design, coverage for preventive care can be received out of network.
- Discounts for non-preventive services is not insurance. Services are paid directly by member.
February 16, 2017. FORTUNE is a registered trademark of Time, Inc. FORTUNE and Time Inc. are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of UnitedHealth Group.