The Catalyst® Plan
With this plan, you can use any doctor, clinic, hospital or health care facility you want. You can save money when you use the national network. You also have coverage if you use out-of-network providers.
This plan gives you a pre-deductible allowance. This is money your employer gives you to help you pay for covered services before you have to pay a deductible.
The Catalyst Plan highlights
Get coverage and help paying bills.
- You get a pre-deductible allowance. It will help you pay for certain services before you have to pay your deductible.
- Save money by staying in our network. A network is a group of health care providers and facilities that have a contract with UnitedHealthcare. You can receive care and services from anyone in our network. Just remember, out-of-network providers will likely charge you more.
- There's no need to choose a primary care physician (PCP) or get referrals to see a specialist.Consider choosing a PCP. Your PCP can be your partner in managing your care. They can help you avoid duplicating tests and services and connect you to a specialist.
- Preventive care is covered 100 percent in our network.
Help save money and find quality care in our network. If you go out of the network, your costs may be higher. Out-of-network providers can even bill for you amounts higher than what your plan covers.
About the pre-deductible allowance
This plan includes a pre-deductible allowance, which is funded by your employer to help you pay for covered health care services. You can save money because the allowance can pay for certain covered services before you have to pay a deductible.
How you'll get your allowance
You'll receive two separate allowances for the year. One allowance can be used for doctor visits and the other can be used for emergency care.
You'll receive one allowance for the year. You can use this money for doctor visits and emergency care.
You'll receive one allowance for the year. You can use this money for all types of care. This includes doctor visits, emergency care, surgery, as well as lab and X-ray services.
How your allowance gives you more coverage, sooner
- Catalyst Benefit Allowance: An amount of coverage you receive prior to having to pay your deductible. Once your allowance is met, you will begin the deductible period.
- Deductible Period: You pay 100 percent of eligible expenses until you meet your deductible.
- Deductible Met: You share cost of covered services by paying a copay or coinsurance out of pocket.
- Out-of-pocket Limit Met: The plan pays 100 percent of covered services once this limit is met.
The plan pays 100 percent whenever you receive preventive care from network providers.
Please refer to your plan details to determine the amount of coverage and what services are covered under the Catalyst Benefit Allowance. You may be required to receive approval for some services before they can be covered.
Summary of covered services
This plan covers the following health care services and more, including:
- Doctor office visits
- Emergency services
- Hospital care
- Lab services
- Mental health and substance use disorder services
- Outpatient care services
- Pregnancy and newborn care
- Prescription drugs
- Preventive care services
- Rehabilitation services and devices
- Wellness services
This may not be a complete list of the services covered under this plan. See your health plan documents for coverage details.
To see if this plan is available in your state, use our Group Plans Search tool.