UnitedHealthcare FlexWork program brings new coverage solutions to the intermittent workforce
UnitedHealthcare FlexWork is a customizable solution that provides employees with flexible, potentially more affordable, employer-sponsored alternatives to the existing non-employer coverage options.
- Products and services
- All states
- All Business Sizes
Increasingly, many employers are adopting an agile workforce strategy and filling historically full-time roles with part-time, limited-time, seasonal and contract workers.1 As the alternative workforce continues to grow post-COVID-19, employers are faced with new challenges for providing health coverage – an important benefit for recruitment, retention and employee affinity – which may be more affordable for both the employer and the employee.
The UnitedHealthcare FlexWorkTM program gives employers with 3,000 or more employees a new strategy to address the need for a more affordable benefits program for employees who typically are non-benefits eligible. FlexWork is a customizable solution that provides employees with flexible, potentially more affordable, employer-sponsored alternatives to the existing non-employer coverage options.
FlexWork options are designed for specific W-2 segments of employer groups within many industries such as retail, hospitality, transportation, staffing firms and many others, including:
Non-benefits eligible employee segments
- Part-time, seasonal and hourly employees
- Variable-hour contingent staffing firm contractors (<30 hours/week, not full-time)
Benefits eligible employee segments
- Full-time hourly or salaried workers who opt out of the employer’s major medical health plan offering
- Non-variable-hour contingent staffing firm contractors (>30 hours/week, full-time)
The FlexWork program combines a broad range of Group limited medical and ancillary benefit plan options with optional specialized benefits administration and discount programs that are designed to enhance the overall member experience, including:
- Medical/Bronze Minimum Value Plans for non-variable-hour full-time contractors employed by staffing firms who need an MVP for ACA compliance
- Limited Medical/Sub-Bronze Minimum Essential Coverage no deductibles, no coinsurance coverage for everyday health care needs
- UnitedHealthcare Preventive Plan where a lower premium equivalent may be an important consideration
- Ancillary coverage: dental, vision, hospital indemnity, enhanced hospital indemnity, critical illness, accident
- Specialized benefits administration2
- Additional optional programs include Benefit HUB Discount Site, Optum Perks™, GetCovered3
Reach out to your broker or UnitedHealthcare representative to learn more.
New releases, updates and notifications for a broad spectrum of UnitedHealthcare products and services.
Important, required notices for products, plans, forms and more.
Need-to-know operational announcements for you and your employees.