To be compliant with existing Code of Maryland regulations (COMAR 31.10.17), a disclosure to include physician compensation, methods of paying physicians and premium dollar distribution must be distributed to Maryland clients at the time of new business and renewing plan selection, and to Maryland plan enrollees at the time of enrollment.
This requirement applies to the following entities for Maryland sitused clients and their enrollees (HMO and insurance clients that include medical, dental and vision coverage):
- UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company.
- UnitedHealthcare of the Mid-Atlantic, Inc.
- MD-Individual Practice Association, Inc. (M.D. IPA).
- Optimum Choice, Inc. (Optimum Choice).
- Mid Atlantic Medical Services, Inc. (MAMSI) Life and Health Insurance Company (MLH).
Client distribution, availability of the disclosure
To meet distribution requirements, the disclosure will be distributed or available through the following options:
- New business and renewal plan proposal kits (small business and key accounts).
- Included with plan documents on Employer eServices®.
- Small business and midsize business employer websites.
- The notice may be obtained through brokers or a UnitedHealthcare representative.
Enrollee distribution, availability of the disclosure
- uhc.com, myuhc.com®, myuhcdental.com, myuhcvision.com.
- Included with welcome materials on the electronic certificate of coverage (eCOC) site.
- Annual Member Notice (AMN): A state-specific notice that includes instructions on where to find the notice.
- The notice may be obtained from employers.
Please distribute the disclosure to your clients at time of plan selection.
For more information, please contact your UnitedHealthcare representative.