New York law requires health insurance companies to provide notice about rate filings and final adjustments for community-rated products (individual and small group) to affected policy and certificate holders. In compliance with this law, UnitedHealthcare is mailing notice of rate filings beginning June 5 and the mailing is expected to be complete by June 7, 2018.
Samples of the rate filing notices are available in the broker sections of our websites:
- broker.uhc.com > Tools > Compliance – New York (Downstate) 1-99
- oxfordhealth.com > Brokers – log in to view Broker Highlights
Please familiarize yourself with these notices should your clients have questions.
More information is available to impacted groups and subscribers on our websites in the form of a Narrative Summary and a Numerical Summary.
- UnitedHealthcare subscribers: myuhc.com > Information Center > News > Required State Notices > New York
- UnitedHealthcare small groups: uhc.com > Legal > Required State Notices > New York
- Oxford subscribers: oxfordhealth.com > Members - Messages
- Oxford small groups: oxfordhealth.com > Employers - Messages
If you have questions, please contact your UnitedHealthcare representative. For more information, please visit the New York Department of Financial Services’ website.
Insurance coverage provided by or through UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company of New York or Oxford Health Insurance, Inc. HMO coverage underwritten by or through UnitedHealthcare of New York, Inc.