UnitedHealthcare honored 10 employers with the company’s “Well Deserved” award for implementing innovative, industry-leading workplace well-being programs that help improve their employees’ health.
This year’s Well Deserved award winners demonstrated their commitment to creating a healthier culture by offering a variety of workplace programs and services such as mindfulness and stress reduction courses, onsite health centers and fitness classes, discounts at local fitness centers, financial well-being initiatives, onsite produce delivery, healthy snack challenges, sit-stand workstations and an onsite mammogram van.
Among this year’s award winners, Northfield, Illinois-based Medline Industries, Inc. received a Well Deserved Leadership award, which recognizes employers who have won the Well Deserved designation 3 times and honors their innovation, thought leadership and sustained results in helping employees improve their health and well-being. Medline, a global provider of medical supplies and clinical solutions to the health care industry, offers a diverse wellness program to its 15,000 employees, including:
- Free, on-site biometric screenings, flu shots, mammograms and health seminars at many locations.
- Bilingual nurse liaison, who meets one-on-one with employees, leads lectures, performs blood pressure screenings and travels to various locations and divisions.
- Free fruit for employees weekly and fresh produce delivered to employees monthly at an affordable price.
- Free, employee-run raised bed community garden.
- Discounted wellness-related employee purchase campaigns in addition to gym membership reimbursements.
- Subsidized cafeterias with healthy menu options.
- A staffed fitness center at its corporate office in Northfield, Ill.
- An inside walking track and meditation room for stress management at the company’s call center in Dubuque, Iowa.
- A robust ergonomic program with more than 1,500 sit-stand desks to encourage standing instead of sitting in the office.
3 employers received Golden Apple awards for winning a Well Deserved award for the second time, demonstrating a sustained commitment to employee health and wellness:
- Gallup, Omaha, Neb.
- Keller Independent School District, Keller, Texas
- Parkway School District, Chesterfield, Mo.
First time Well Deserved award winners include:
- Children's Hospital Colorado, Aurora, Colo.
- De Nora Tech, LLC, Concord, Ohio
- Fort Bend Independent School District, Sugar Land, Texas
- Grange Insurance, Columbus, Ohio
- Webster University, St. Louis, Mo.
- Wright-Patt Credit Union, Inc., Beavercreek, Ohio
This is UnitedHealthcare’s 10th year honoring employers that have implemented innovative well-being programs to support their employees’ health goals. UnitedHealthcare worked with an external broker review panel to review and judge all applicants.
Access the complete national press release here:
For more information, please contact your UnitedHealthcare representative.