Improve members’ understanding of their health plans with these resources
- All States
- Fully Insured and Self-Funded
- Member Experience
Only 40% of new members report having an excellent understanding of their health plan. Poor understanding can lead to unexpected surprises, such as delays in care, additional out-of-pocket costs and more.1
The Getting Started Toolkit is a self-service, online resource that provides brokers and employers with information to share with employees to help them gain a better understanding of their health plans.
The Getting Started Toolkit is organized into 3 sections to guide employers on the best time to share important health plan information:
- Before the plan begins
- When the plan begins
- One to three months into the plan
Each section includes a variety of resources, including fliers, brochures, infographics and emails. It also includes information on preventive care, helping employees find a doctor, Virtual Visits, and how to find and estimate care costs. See all of the Toolkit resources in the At-A-Glance flier below.
Top 5 most downloaded communications from the Toolkit:
- At-A-Glance Flier
- Waiting for Coverage to Start Checklist
- Welcome Brochure for fully insured (Self-funded (ASO) also available)
- Before the plan begins: A selection of resources email
- myuhc.com® Infographic (pdf)
Brokers and consultants: Contact your UnitedHealthcare representative with questions. Employers: Reach out to your broker, consultant or UnitedHealthcare representative for more information.
- UnitedHealthcare New Member Tracking Survey, May 2019.