America’s Health Rankings® 2020 Annual Report now available
2020 annual report from America’s Health Rankings and United Health Foundation outlines key health-related findings and trends from 2019.
- All States
- Fully Insured and Self-Funded
- Industry News
The 2020 America’s Health Rankings Annual Report from UnitedHealth Foundation finds improvements have been made in reducing rates of adults with multiple chronic conditions and increasing the number of adults who received the recommended flu vaccine. This year’s report includes data that predates the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic and does not assign overall state rankings.
The 2020 report found:
- The percentage of American adults with at least 3 chronic health conditions decreased from 10.3% to 9.5% in 2019.
- Obesity rates in American adults increased from 27.8% in 2011 to 31.9% in 2019.
- More than 25% of American adults received their recommended flu vaccine in 2019 than 2018.
- The prevalence of frequent mental distress in American adults increased by over 11% from 2018 to 2019.
About America’s Health Rankings
For over 30 years, America’s Health Rankings from the United Health Foundation has created widespread awareness of where states and the nation stand on important public health measures and has encouraged health improvement by promoting data-driven discussions. Advocates, employers and policy-makers working to build healthier communities are encouraged to use the findings from the 2020 Annual Report to pursue solutions to the most pressing issues facing states and the nation today and in the coming decades.