Real Appeal®, a weight loss program offered by UnitedHealthcare, will be included as part of your health plan* at no additional cost to you and your eligible employees on your 2018 renewal date. Real Appeal is available at no additional cost to you and your eligible employees — no premium costs, co-pays, or deductibles.
Real Appeal is designed to help employees lose weight, feel good, and prevent weight-related health conditions like heart disease, type 2 diabetes, hypertension, and high blood pressure. Real Appeal teaches employees simple and effective ways to change their daily behaviors.
The 52-week program combines interactive videos, online group discussions, nutrition guides, and customized personal coaching to help employees achieve significant and lasting weight loss.
Eligible employees enrolled in the program receive:
- A Real Appeal Success Kit which will be delivered to their door after they attend their first group-coaching session. It contains everything they need to help kick-start their weight loss.
- One year with a personalized transformation coach who will help guide them through the program and customize it to fit their needs.
- 24/7 online support and mobile app helping them stay accountable to their goals.
Over the past year, there have been over 100,000 registered participants in the Real Appeal program which has proven to yield real success**:
- 82 percent of participants lost weight.
- 38 percent have had clinically relevant weight loss of 5 percent or more in body weight.
- After attending just four online classes, participants lose an average of 10 pounds or more.
For more information about Real Appeal, or to find out how to activate the program on your renewal date, please contact your UnitedHealthcare representative.
*The Real Appeal program may not be available to all groups or legal entities. A 2011 or newer Certificate of Coverage is required. Please contact your UnitedHealthcare representative to learn if your employees are eligible to take advantage of this program.
**UnitedHealth Group book-of-business September '15 – May '16 for participants attending 4+ s