Invest in multiple dimensions of well-being for greater productivity, loyalty
- Fully Insured and Self-Funded
- Health & Wellness
- All States
Don’t miss new opportunities to improve the employee health care experience. While well-being efforts have focused primarily on physical health, new research illuminates and encourages a more holistic approach, encompassing an individual’s 5 primary health dimensions: physical, social, financial, community and mental. To help employers understand the dimensions of well-being and their connection to greater productivity and loyalty, Optum and the National Business Group on Health (NBGH) have released Workplace Well-Being and the Employee Experience.
Key insights offer a roadmap for employers and include:
- Investment in multiple dimensions of well-being is correlated with high levels of employee productivity, loyalty eNPS® and employee well-being.
- There is a relationship between access to quality mental health services, healthcare in a convenient location and high levels of employee well-being.
- Employees would like their employer to better support financial health (followed closely by mental health).
- There is an opportunity for employers to consider investing in the health of the community surrounding their key workplace locations given the influence it has on employee well-being.
Understanding the interplay between the dimensions of well-being is essential to creating a happier, healthier and more productive workforce. Nearly 9 out of 10 employees who report their employer supports 4-5 dimensions of well-being say their job performance is excellent, they take pride in where they work and they would recommend their employer to others.
Increase productivity and improve your business by reading the full report here.