New for Indiana employers: NexusACO, available May 1
- Fully Insured
- Plan Design
- Products and Services
UnitedHealthcare and American Health Network are working together to provide employers and their employees with a better health care experience through an Accountable Care Organization (ACO) — NexusACO®. NexusACO plans with case effective dates starting May 1, 2020, will be available in the following Indiana counties: Bartholomew, Boone, Delaware, Floyd, Hamilton, Hendricks, Johnson, Kosciusko, Marion and Shelby.
With NexusACO, UnitedHealthcare harnesses its sophisticated data and technology to identify and collaborate with ACOs designed to deliver greater efficiencies and outcome-based results. ACOs are designed to improve the employee experience and help lower employer costs by:
- Guiding employees to providers working toward outcome-based results.
- Coordinating an improved member experience via a primary care physician (PCP).
- Encouraging PCP visits, which can lead to fewer emergency room (ER) admissions.
- Offering the incentive of a national network tiered on results and cost efficiencies.
- Optimizing the place of service where health care is provided.
Employees choose a PCP during open enrollment, which enables the PCP to be the member’s single point of contact to coordinate all aspects of care. Employees in a NexusACO plan will receive the greatest value when they choose Tier 1 PCPs and specialists.
For more information on how ACOs can provide increased member satisfaction, greater access to care and decreased costs, check out this article.
Tier 1 providers may be subject to change. Employees should visit myuhc.com® for the most current information or call the number on their health plan ID card.