Life after COVID-19: New changes for employers to watch
- All States
- Fully Insured and Self-Funded
- Industry News
- Member Experience
The onset of the COVID-19 pandemic quickly encouraged employers, employees and their families, and individuals to evaluate and reprioritize interactions with the health care system, as well as the role of personal responsibility in well-being.
To help maintain physical distancing measures while continuing to meet the needs for effective care, health care is adapting and promoting priorities in 5 key ways:
- Renewed motivation to live a healthier lifestyle.
- Accelerated adoption of telehealth.
- Increased need for behavioral health services.
- Growth in home-based care.
- Expanded role and scope of pharmacists as care providers.
Since these recent enhancements have uncovered increased efficiencies, allowed for better health care decisions and, in many cases, made access to select appointments more convenient, many of these improvements are here to stay. Download our latest white paper to learn more about how these changes may improve interactions with the health care system, and increase efficiencies for employers, employees and their families and individuals.