UnitedHealth Group supporting employers, employees and communities during COVID-19
- All States
- Fully Insured and Self-Funded
- Industry News
The full capabilities of UnitedHealth Group have been on display during the company’s response to COVID-19. The coronavirus has profoundly impacted the health of people around the world, as well as global economies. Through all of this, our focus has been on the health and safety of the people we serve — employers, employees and their families; providers; and our communities.
Below are some of our COVID-19 response highlights. As always, let us know how we may be able to help you and those you serve now, and moving forward.
Supporting employers, employees and their families
- UnitedHealth Group and Microsoft Corp. have joined forces to launch ProtectWell™, a return-to-workplace protocol and app that provides employers a tool to bring employees back to work in a safer environment. ProtectWell™ helps employees determine they are safe to go to work, informs co-workers that their colleagues have been screened, and notifies employers that their workplace is ready to do business. Learn more here.
- UnitedHealth Group will provide more than $1.5 billion in initial assistance, including customer premium credits, to its UnitedHealthcare customers, as many people have been unable to access routine or planned care due to COVID-19.
- Waived cost-sharing for COVID-19 diagnosis and treatment and provided telehealth visits at no cost.
- Removed some prior authorization requirements related to COVID-19 care.
- Provided early refills and increased home-delivery options for medication.
- Deployed a COVID-19 symptom checker with next-best-action recommendations for our highest-risk members.
- Expanded support for socially isolated members, such as coordinating access to medications, supplies, food, care and support programs.
- Accelerated almost $2 billion of fully insured payments to care providers.
- Assisted in the processing and distribution of a portion of the $100 billion CARES Act funding to care-delivery providers.
- Developed and tested a new self-administered COVID-19 swab protocol — now FDA approved.
Lifting up our communities
- Provided $60 million in support to those affected by COVID-19.
- Organized our cafeteria and food-service teams to make meals for those in need — more than 75,000 meals per week — in Minneapolis-St. Paul; Greensboro, North Carolina; Hartford, Connecticut; and Las Vegas.
For more information on how UnitedHealth Group is responding to COVID-19, visit our Newsroom for the latest. Also, check out our regularly updated FAQs on COVID-19 for information that may impact employers, employees and their families.