Home Delivery Pharmacy
Many members regularly take medication to help control or reduce symptoms of chronic disease and health condition. A large portion of drug spend is attributed to maintenance medications. That’s why it is important to take advantage of a powerful solution, home delivery with OptumRx.
Optimized Costs – Driving home delivery utilization may reduce costs, and lead to greater savings for members. Typically, switching from retail to home delivery can save more due to better rates and no dispensing fees.
Enhanced Safety – Each new prescription goes through a minimum of 16 quality checks to help ensure each order is processed safely and accurately.
Outstanding Customer Service - OptumRx customer, clinical, and operational services have been widely recognized and acclaimed. Members agree — 2012 member satisfaction was over 91%, with 94% likely to continue using home delivery.1
Proven Outcomes - Studies show that home delivery users are more adherent to their medications.
- 16% better adherence among diabetic patients using home delivery vs. retail pharmacies.2
- 14.5% increase in achieving target cholesterol levels for patients using home delivery vs. retail pharmacies.3
1. OptumRx; Traditional Mail Service Member Sat. Survey; Q3’12 Mail Survey (Report – 9/28/12).
2. OptumRx Study Shows Mail Service Pharmacy Enhances Adherence for Oral Anti-Diabetic Medications among Medicare Part D Beneficiaries, July 2011.
3. PCMA Press Release: New Study: Mail-Service Pharmacies Improve Outcomes for Patients Using Cholesterol Medications, July 25, 2011. This does not apply to UnitedHealthcare SignatureValue™ business administered by OptumRx.