Child well visits during COVID-19
How to get ready for your child's well visits during COVID-19
Your baby should go to at least 8 child well visits before they are 15 months old. But COVID-19 has made it difficult to leave the house and get to appointments. Here are a few tips to help with planning for child well visits during the pandemic.
3 tips for child well visits during COVID-19
1. Remember to practice social distancing
2. Wear a mask and wash your hands often
3. Talk to your child’s care provider about any safety concerns
Get answers to common questions about child well visits during COVID-19
Watch a video to get answers to these questions you may have:
- Should I still bring my baby in for well visits and immunizations during COVID-19?
- What should I do to keep me and my baby safe at our appointment?
- Can I safely invite family or friends into my home to help me with my baby?
- What should I do to keep my baby safe if I’ve had contact with someone who has COVID-19?
- What should I do if my baby has COVID-19 symptoms?
Common questions about child well-visits during COVID-19
Looking for resources to help support you and your child?
- Most health insurance plans cover early well-child visits or provide assistance. Call the number on your insurance card for more details.
- If you are a UnitedHealthcare Community Plan member, you may have access to our Healthy First Steps program, which can help you find a care provider, schedule well-child visits, connect with educational and community resources and more. To get started, call 1-800-599-5985, TTY 711, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.1
- If you need help getting to an appointment, or getting formula or healthy food, call the number on your insurance card.
- If you are having a hard time getting food or are experiencing unemployment, your care provider may be able to connect you with resources that can help.