Cinnamon-Sugar Pita Chips
A healthier alternative to a big bowl of potato chips at your next party.
Bringing a snack to a party? Bake a batch of these pita chips, which will add a serving of whole grains to your day.
- 4 whole-wheat pita bread pockets, 6" diameter
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl. Gently split the pita bread and separate into two rounds each.
- Brush coarse side of bread with oil. Sprinkle evenly with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Stack 4 rounds on top of one another, and cut the stack of rounds into 8 triangles, using a pizza wheel or a sharp knife. Repeat with remaining rounds.
- Place pita pieces on ungreased baking sheet in single layer and bake for 5-7 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- Store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving:
Saturated Fat: 0g