Crudités with Creamy Herb Dip
Party time? Setting out veggies with a savory dip is a great substitution for the standard chips and party mix.
A low-fat version of the standby appetizer is great for any time of the year, whether you are entertaining or just want a fun snack on hand. Fresh herbs make all the difference in this dip.
- 3/4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1/2 cup low-fat or nonfat mayonnaise
- 1 and 1/2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoons chopped fresh marjoram
- 1 Tablespoon thinly sliced fresh chives
- 1/2 Tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Select from the following, for a total of about 6 cups of vegetables:
- Cucumber, cut into thin sticks
- Cauliflower florets
- Broccoli florets
- Carrot sticks or baby carrots
- Yellow squash, cut into thin sticks
- Cherry tomatoes
- Red, yellow or green peppers, cut into strips
- Combine sour cream and mayonnaise in a bowl and fold together, mixing until smooth. Stir in lemon juice, marjoram, chives and tarragon. Taste and adjust seasoning. Spoon mixture into a small serving bowl; cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Arrange the vegetables on a platter around the bowl of dip. Alternate with fat-free crackers or matzo, if you like.
Amount Per Serving:
Saturated Fat: 0.5g