Herb-Baked Pita Chips
Make your own pita chips with this easy recipe.
These easy and tasty snacks are great alone or paired with some salsa or hummus.
- 12 whole-wheat pita bread pockets, 6" diameter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried chervil or parsley, if preferred.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut each pita pocket into 8 triangles and place on baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, pepper, garlic, basil and chervil (or parsley). Brush both sides of each triangle with mixture.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 7 minutes, or until lightly browned and crispy.
- Cool and store in air-tight container.
24 servings (Serving size, 4 triangles)
Amount Per Serving:
Saturated Fat: 1g