Pumpkin-Spice Spread with Bat Scoopers
Spooky – and fun for children and adults to eat! Use a cookie-cutter to cut tortillas into scoopers in the shape of bats.
Add some bats to your Halloween party! These easy-to-make scoopers add some extra fun to this appetizer.
- 4 8-inch whole-wheat flour tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin, no salt added (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg and 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted*
- 9 whole toasted* walnuts for garnish
To make the Bat Scoopers:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray both sides of tortillas with cooking spray. Using a bat-shaped cookie cutter, cut tortillas into bat shapes. Place shapes on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 6-8 minutes or until golden brown (time will be vary depending on size of pieces) and crisp.
- Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
To make the Pumpkin-Spice Spread:
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and pumpkin with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add in pumpkin pie spice (or ground cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger) and chopped nuts. Stir until combined. Spread into a 9-inch glass pie plate. Garnish with 9 whole walnuts.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. Serve with Bat Scoopers.
* To toast walnuts, place in ungreased heavy skillet. Cook over medium heat 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently until pieces begin to brown.
One bat and one rounded tablespoon of spread
Amount Per Serving:
Saturated Fat: 1g