De-Liteful Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper, deseeded and finely minced (optional)
- 1 (1o-ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts, defrosted and finely chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry
- 1 (8-ounce) block 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup (1-ounce) parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Dash of sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper taste
Preheat oven to 350°.
In a medium sized skillet over medium high heat, add oil and onion for 4-5 minutes; add jalapeno and continue cooking 3-4 minutes.
In a large bowl, thoroughly combine, onion mixture, artichoke hearts, spinach, cream cheese, yogurt, parmesan cheese, 2/3 cup of mozzarella cheese, salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into a 1 ½ quart baking dish lightly sprayed with cooking spray and top with remaining cheese. Bake at 350® for 20-30 minutes until golden brown.
Serve with baked tortilla chips, whole grain pita wedges or veggies like baby carrots and red pepper strips (not included in nutrient analysis)
12 appetizer servings
Amount Per Serving:
Calories from fat: 51
Saturated Fat: 3g