Wasabi Roasted Almonds
Add flavor to unsalted almonds with a little wasabi for your snack or next party treat.
Spice up your snack. Wasabi powder gives these heart-healthy almonds a kick.
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 pound natural almonds
- 2 Tablespoons wasabi powder
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk egg white and water together until foamy. Add almonds and toss to coat. Place almonds in a sieve to allow excess coating to drain off.
- Combine the wasabi powder and cornstarch in a large bowl or plastic bag. Add almonds and toss to coat.
- Spread the almonds on the baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Stir gently. Lower heat to 200 degrees F and continue baking for 20 minutes.
- Cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Amount Per Serving:
Saturated Fat: 1g