Recipe submitted by Pro Cyclist Rushlee Buchannan
- 3 cups flour
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups almond milk (or any alternative)
- 3 oz. Earth Balance® (or alternative butter)
- Zest 1 orange + 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup diced dried ginger
- Raw sugar
- Dash of extra milk
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Add zest and ginger.
- Add butter and rub together with hands till mixture resembles bread crumb texture.
- Add milk and mix until combined.
- Place on baking paper and lightly brush extra milk over the top before sprinkling cinnamon and raw sugar on top.
- Bake at 430°F for 10-15 minutes or until nice and brown on top.
Amount Per Serving:
Total Fat: 5g
Saturated Fat: 1g
Total Carbohydrates: 35g
Dietary Fiber: 1g