Crunchy Fruit and Yogurt Breakfast Parfait
Recipe by Kathleen Zelman, MPH,RD/LD
- 3 cups non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 3 cups of fresh or frozen fruit (thawed) without added sugar
- 2/3 cup nutty granola (recipe below)
- 3 and 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 and 1/2 cups of finely chopped almonds, walnuts and pecans
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon all spice
Mix all ingredients together, stirring well to combine. Line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper. Spread granola on pan and bake at 325 for 30-40 minutes, turning once, until golden brown.
Yogurt Breakfast Parfait
Layer 1/4 cup of yogurt in six tall clear parfait glasses, top with 1/4 cup mixed fruit and 1 tablespoon nutty granola; repeat. Serve immediately.
Calories from fat: 38
Saturated Fat: 0g