Sweet Potato Pancakes with Toasted Pecans
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, roasted, peeled and mashed
- 2 cups skim milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin-pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons reduced-calorie pancake syrup, divided
- ¼ cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Place sweet potatoes, milk, eggs, one tablespoon pancake syrup and vanilla extract in a medium bowl and blend thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flours, baking powder, salt, pumpkin-pie spice and salt.
- Blend sweet potato mixture with flour mixture, whisk until smooth.
- Coat a flat griddle with cooking spray and preheat over medium-high heat.
- Ladle batter onto hot griddle by heaping tablespoons and cook until golden brown, turning once when surface begins to bubble (about 2 minutes per side).
- To serve, warm remaining pancake syrup with pecans and serve over pancakes.
Amount Per Serving:
Calories from fat: 54
Total Fat: 6g
Saturated Fat: 1g
Total Carbohydrates: 50g
Dietary Fiber: 4.6g