Recipe by Kathleen Zelman, MPH, RD/LD
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup cooked, peeled diced red potato
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) package fresh spinach (can substitute drained, frozen spinach)
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) part-skim Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, shredded
- Coat a 10-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add spinach; sauté 2 minutes until wilted.
- Sauté onion in olive oil for 8-10 minutes until browned, stirring occasionally. Add red bell pepper; continue cooking 2-3 more minutes until soft.
- Combine eggs, salt, pepper; whisk to thoroughly combine. Add onion mix, spinach and potato to egg mixture; stir well.
- Wipe the nonstick skillet and coat with cooking spray. Pour egg mixture into the pan and cook over medium-high heat about 7-9 minutes or until bottom of frittata is browned.
- Preheat oven broiler. Wrap handle of skillet with foil. Sprinkle cheeses over frittata and broil 5 minutes or lightly browned.
- Cut into six wedges
Calories from fat: 80
Saturated Fat: 2.6g
Cholesterol: 188mg Sodium: 307mg Carbohydrate: 13g