Asian Grilled Shrimp Kebobs
Recipe by Kathleen Zelman, MPH, RD
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled (can substitute boneless, skinless chicken)
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into bite size pieces
- 12 pearl onions, peeled (can use frozen peeled)
- 2 cups fresh or canned pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) package whole mushrooms, cleaned
- cooking spray
- Combine first five ingredients in zip-top plastic bag; add shrimp. Marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and pat dry. Place marinade in a small saucepan, bring to a boil and set aside.
- Preheat grill. Spray with cooking spray. Alternately thread vegetables and shrimp onto metal skewers (if using wooden, soak 30 minutes to prevent burning).
- Place kebobs on grill, covered, over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes per side until done, basting with reserved marinade. Drizzle remaining marinade over kebobs.
Calories from fat: 31 (15%)
Saturated Fat: 1g