Spiced Chicken, Green Apple and Avocado Wrap
Recipe by Chef Marvin Woods
Sandwiches nowadays come in many shapes and sizes. Tortilla wraps are very versatile and are perfect for holding all different kinds of foods. This is one of my favorite easy wraps — great for a healthy, quick lunch or an easy dinner.
- 2 x 12 inch spinach or whole wheat wraps
- 1 chicken breast (butterfly chicken breast if you like), skin removed
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ curry powder
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 2 ounces low fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ granny smith apple (peeled and core removed, cut into slices)
- ½ red apple (peeled and core removed, cut into slices)
- ½ lemon cut in half and juiced (seeds removed)
- ½ avocado (skin and pit removed)
- Kosher salt to taste or ¼ tsp
- Black pepper to taste or 1/8 tsp
Place chicken breast on a flat surface. Sprinkle with cinnamon, paprika, curry powder, salt and pepper on both sides. Place canola oil in a sauté pan over moderate heat. Put chicken breast in the pan and cook for 3 to 5 minutes on one side. Turn chicken over and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes. If need be alternate turning chicken over on both sides until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165. Place chicken on the side to cool. In a bowl, mix together cottage cheese and cream cheese. Add honey. Add apples and a pinch of lemon juice. Add chicken and gently mix together. Place wraps on a flat surface. Add an even amount of the chicken mixture in a straight line to the front of the wrap. Take one of the wrap sides and fold it in to the middle. Roll wrap starting with the side that has the chicken mixture. Roll as tightly as you can without breaking the wrap.
Note: May be sliced in fourths and served as an appetizer.
Total Fat: 33g
Saturated Fat: 3.7g
Total Carbohydrates: 66.4g
Dietary Fiber: 8g