- 6 whole-wheat lasagna noodles
- Canola oil cooking spray
- 1 medium onion, chopped into medium pieces
- 1 and 1/2 pounds (4 to 5 cups) cooked turkey breast, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 15 ounces low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 10-ounce package frozen spinach, cooked per package directions, well-drained
- 3 cups low-sodium marinara sauce
- 1 cup part-skim milk mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Set aside on cloth towel.
- Spray large skillet with cooking oil. Over medium heat, cook onion until soft. Add turkey. Cook until heated through. Stir in oregano.
- In medium bowl, mix together ricotta, egg and spinach.
- Place 1 cup sauce in the bottom of 13- by 9-inch baking dish. Spread to cover the bottom.
- Layer with 3 lasagna noodles, half the ricotta cheese mixture and half the turkey mixture. Repeat layering, starting with sauce. Follow with cheese, then turkey mixture. Top with mozzarella.
- Cover with aluminum foil, and bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until bubbling and top is golden-brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Yield: 8 servings
Amount per serving:
Calories from fat: 72 (25%) Total Fat: 8g
Saturated Fat: 3.5g
Total Carbohydrates: 22g
Dietary Fiber: 3g