Apple Walnut Spinach Salad
Recipe by Kathleen Zelman, MPH, RD/LD
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pinch salt
- Pepper to taste
- 2 apples, cored and chopped (Pink Lady, Honey Crisp or your favorite)
- 4 cups baby spinach (can substitute your favorite greens)
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 ounce crumbled blue cheese
- Combine the first six ingredients and whisk to blend dressing.
- Toss apples, greens and onions with dressing and portion onto four plates.
- Garnish salad with equal amounts of blue cheese and walnuts.
Amount Per Serving:
Total Fat: 13g
Saturated Fat: 4g
Total Carbohydrates: 18g
Dietary Fiber: 4g