Crunchy Brown Rice Slaw
Even the kids will love this cold dish and they won't even realize they are eating brown rice.
- 1 (8.8 ounce) pouch of precooked brown rice (like Uncle Ben's Ready Rice)
- 1 cup shredded broccoli slaw
- 1 (14 ounce) can mandarin orange sections, drained
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup light Asian dressing
- Microwave rice for 60 seconds according to package directions, place in medium size bowl.
- Add oranges, broccoli slaw and cranberries.
- Toss with dressing; chill.
Calories from fat: 46 (21%)
Saturated Fat: 1g
Dietary Fiber: 4g
Recipe by Kathleen Zelman, MPH, RD