Roasted Beet, Pear, Walnut and Goat Cheese Salad
- 1 pound beets (golden, red or combination)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 large pear, cored and sliced
- 3 cups Arugula or mixed salad greens
- 4 Tbsp. chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled low-fat goat cheese
- 1 Tbsp. orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. sherry or champagne vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. minced shallots
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Prepare dressing by combining all ingredients in a jar. Shake vigorously or whisk together in a bowl.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Trim beet greens, leaving root and an inch of stem; scrub beets with vegetable brush.
- Place beets on pan coated with cooking spray. Roast beets for 45 minutes or until tender; when cool, rub off skins and trim root and stem.
- Slice beets into bite-size pieces; drizzle with a tablespoon of vinaigrette and toss to coat.
- Divide Arugula on six salad plates; top each with beets, pears, onion, cheese and nuts; drizzle with remaining salad dressing.
Calories from fat: 62 (43%)
Saturated Fat: 1g