Recipe by Chef Tre Wilcox
To add another flavor to this slaw I use jicama instead of cabbage. In my kitchen we use a Japanese mandolin to cut the jicama. We also mix the olive oil and lime juice separately in a mixing bowl before dressing the slaw. You may want to try adding a bit of honey to the dressing to cut back the tartness.
- 1 small jicama - peeled and julienned
- ½ carrot - peeled and julienned
- 1 small red onion - peeled and julienned
- 1 red bell pepper - julienned
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves (remove stems)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt to taste
Combine jicama, carrot, red onion, bell pepper and cilantro in a mixing bowl. Toss with olive oil, lime juice and season with salt. Serve right away.