Yummy Energy Bars
Recipe submitted by Pro Cyclist Ruth Winder
- 10 oz. of pitted dates
- 1/2 cup of cashews
- 1/4 cup of chia seeds
- 1/2 cup of melted chocolate
- 1 cup rolled oats (optional – if you prefer a more solid bar)
- In the food processor, pulse the cashews until it turns to bite size pieces (it should be the size of nut toppings for ice creams). Empty cashews into a big bowl.
- Pulse dates until there are no chunks left. This will take longer than the cashews but still under 1 minute. Empty dates into the same bowl with the cashews.
- Mix the two together until all the nuts have been incorporated. The ball will be stiff.
- Add the melted chocolate and chia seeds, mix well. Add oats if desired.
- Press the mixture in to a non-stick 8" backing pan. Put it in the fridge for up to an hour. Once it is chilled it will be easier to cut. Individually wrap the bars in wax paper or plastic wrap. Store in the fridge.
Amount Per Serving:
Calories from fat: 63
Total Fat: 7g
Saturated Fat: 2g
Total Carbohydrates: 38g
Dietary Fiber: 4g