Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Recipe submitted by Pro Cyclist Coryn Rivera
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups of old-fashioned oats
- 1 and 1/4 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine the oil, brown sugar, egg whites, milk, vanilla and salt. Beat with an electric mixer (or paddle attachment of your stand mixer) on medium speed until the mixture resembles caramel sauce and the sugars have dissolved.
- In a separate bowl, combine old-fashioned oats, flour, baking soda and chocolate chips. Stir until just combined. Add to liquid mixture. Transfer to a lightly greased 13×9 inch baking pan.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool until firm. Cut into squares and store tightly covered for up to 5 days.
Amount Per Serving:
Calories from fat: 54
Total Fat: 6g
Saturated Fat: 2g
Total Carbohydrates: 22g
Dietary Fiber: 1g