Creamy Cold Cantaloupe Soup
Recipe by Kathleen Zelman, MPH, RD/LD
Ennjoy this deliciously sweet chilled soup for breakfast, snack or with lunch and dinner. Feel free to use other types of melons.
- 3 cups cantaloupe, cut into small pieces (about 1 large or 2 small)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup Greek nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- Fresh mint, garnish
- Combine all ingredients except mint in a food processor or blender and purée until completely smooth.
- Add water if soup is too thick.
- Taste soup to adjust for seasoning as some melons are sweeter than others and may require more honey.
- Chill and serve cold.
Calories from fat: 0
Saturated Fat: 0g