4 simple ways to practice self-care, mindfulness and meditation
Self-care is a way to help support your overall mental well-being. Adding a few simple exercises to your daily routine — like practicing meditation or trying mindfulness exercises — may help boost your mood and support a healthier mind and body. Here are 4 simple habits to work into your routine for a happier, healthier you.
Gratitude can be an attitude
- Start by practicing gratitude for someone or something
- Set aside time each day to think about what you're grateful for — it only takes a few minutes
- Recognizing what makes us grateful provides perspective and improves our mood
Breathing may help reset your day
Taking a deep breath may do wonders for calming you and helping you find peace of mind.
- Stop and take a deep breath to reset your mind throughout the day
- Breathing with intention helps you focus and let go of distractions
- Deep breathing lets you slow the mind and soothe stress
Practicing mindfulness is a way to be more aware of how you are thinking, feeling and acting.
- Focus on the present moment
- Observe what you are feeling and thinking
- Be conscious of your state of mind and use your awareness to intentionally react in positive ways
- Find a quiet place where you may ground your thoughts on an object, image, mantra or your breath
- Observe your thoughts without judgment
- Pencil in some time for meditation every day to help calm your mind