Strategies to Simplify Your Life
Organization is an important part of helping you feel less stress in your life. At home or in the office, being more efficient and using your organizational skills will help you accomplish more.
Overcoming the clutter in your home or at work also may help to create a calmer environment where you feel more relaxed. This may lower stress levels overall, resulting in increased productivity.
So what’s the best way to clean up your act? Here are a few strategies to help you get started:
- Implement small changes to your daily routines. Over time, this will result in a better-kept home.
- Go through piles and excess stuff using these tips:
- When in doubt, throw it out
- Get a bigger wastebasket
- Cut unwanted mail
- Give up coupons
- Pare down the plastic
- Stop shopping for 30 days
- Make organization fun and a family effort
- Break your “clutter cleaning” time into manageable steps and/or set a timer for 15 minutes a day to de-clutter.
Once your home is clean and clutter-free, it’ll be easier and less stressful to maintain.
Audrey Thomas, CSP, (biography), is the founder of Organized AudreyOpens a new window, LLC, and she is passionate about transferring skills to others so they can learn how to become more productive and make life-lasting improvements.
Read her articles and listen to her seminars for simple, practical tips that may help you simplify your life by cutting the clutter and becoming more organized. You'll learn storing, filing and scheduling tips that you can start putting into practice today.
- Important Routines and Habits for Paying Your Bills
- 3 Ways to Minimize Interruptions to Keep Your Focus
- 6 Back-to-School Meal Time Strategies
- 3 Reasons to Unplug
- Looking for Email Can Be Such a Waste of Time
- Managing Photos in a Digital Age
- Ten Reasons You Might Be Unproductive
- Setting Goals and Sticking to a Plan
- #1 Reason for Disorganization
- Too Overwhelmed to Get Organized
- 4 Ways to Keep Things Real in the New Year