Blood Pressure Monitoring at Home: Questions for Your Doctor
Here are a few sample questions you might ask your doctor before starting home blood pressure monitoring. Print and take this list with you to your next doctor visit.
- What is my target blood pressure?
- How often and at what time of day should I check my blood pressure?
- Are there blood pressure numbers I should bring to your attention immediately?
- What lifestyle changes would you recommend for me?
- Is there a type of home blood pressure monitor you would recommend for me? And should I bring it to my doctor visits to check it for accuracy?
Add your own questions or notes:
The information provided here is for general informational purposes only and not intended to be nor should be construed as medical or other advice. You should consult your own doctor and/or an appropriate professional to determine what may be right for you. Treatment options mentioned may not be covered by your benefit plan. Check your plan for specific coverage details.