A Healthy Heart: Questions for Your Doctor
You may be at risk for heart disease and not even know it. So it’s good to have a heart-to-heart with your doctor about where you stand. Here are a few sample questions you might ask.
Print and take this list with you to your next doctor visit.
- What should my blood pressure be? How often should it be checked?
- What should my cholesterol and triglyceride levels be? How often should they be checked?
- What should my blood sugar level be? How often should it be checked?
- What other screening tests for heart disease do I need?
- What’s a healthy weight and waist measurement for me?
- What lifestyle changes would you suggest for me?
- Can you suggest any resources that could help me lose weight or stop smoking?
- How often should I see you for a wellness checkup?
Add your own questions or notes:
The information provided here is for general informational purposes only and not intended to be nor should be construed as medical or other advice. You should consult your own doctor and/or an appropriate professional to determine what may be right for you. Treatment options mentioned may not be covered by your benefit plan. Check your plan for specific coverage details.