Screenings for Adults: Questions for Your Doctor
Screenings and checkups can help you stay healthy. Here are a few sample questions you might ask your doctor. Print and take this list with you to your next doctor visit.
- How often should I get a wellness checkup?
- What’s a healthy weight and waist measurement for me?
- Do I need a mammogram to screen for breast cancer? Should I consider genetic testing too?
- Should I be screened for cervical cancer?
- How often should I be screened for colorectal cancer? What are the benefits and risks of the different tests?
- Should I be tested for sexually transmitted infections?
- Do I need to be screened for an abdominal aortic aneurysm?
- How often should my cholesterol be checked? What should my levels be?
- What should my blood pressure be? How often should it be checked?
- How often should I be screened for diabetes?
- Do I need a bone density test?
- Would you recommend prostate cancer screening for me?
- What other important screenings may I need?
- What vaccines do I need?
Add your own questions or notes:
The information provided here is for general informational purposes only and not intended to be nor should be construed as medical or other advice. You should consult your own doctor and/or an appropriate professional to determine what may be right for you. Treatment options mentioned may not be covered by your benefit plan. Check your plan for specific coverage details.