UnitedHealth Premium® program
We can help you find quality and cost-efficient care
Most of us are pretty good at spotting quality in the things we buy: Cars need good gas mileage. Houses need roofs that don’t leak. Clothing needs to be well-made.
But when it comes to health care, it may be less clear what quality means or how to go about evaluating it. To help our members make more informed choices about their health care, the UnitedHealth Premium program recognizes doctors who meet quality and cost efficiency guidelines. You can find a doctor’s Premium designation on myuhc.com®
Quality, cost-efficient care is a long-term solution
Variations in care are a significant part of the problem in our current health care system. A study published in the New England Journal of Medicine study found that only 55% of U.S. patients receive the recommended care.
We believe that by supporting and promoting doctors who meet national standardized measures for quality and local geographic area benchmarks for cost efficiency, as well as engaging consumers in the health care decision-making process, we can help to achieve better health outcomes while improving the experience and reducing costs.
Choose Smart. Look for blue hearts.
It’s easy to find a Premium Care Physician. Just go to myuhc.com, select Find a Doctor and look for the blue hearts.
Premium Care Physician
- The physician meets the UnitedHealth Premium program quality and cost-efficient care criteria.
Quality Care Physician
- The physician meets the UnitedHealth Premium program quality care criteria but does not meet the program’s cost-efficient care criteria; or
- The physician meets the UnitedHealth Premium program quality care criteria but is not evaluated for cost-efficient care.
Not Evaluated For Premium Care
- The physician’s specialty is not evaluated in the UnitedHealth Premium program; or
- The physician does not have enough claims data for UnitedHealth premium program, so the physician is not eligible for the Premium Care physician designation; or
- The physician‘s program evaluation is in process.
Does Not Meet Premium Criteria
- The physician does not meet the UnitedHealth Premium program quality criteria, so the physician is not eligible for a Premium designation.
UnitedHealth Premium doctors:
- Follow evidence-based guidelines for care
- Are more likely to be aware of the latest research and clinical trials
- May have lower surgery repeat rates
Quality guidelines are based on standards from organizations such as:
- American College of Cardiology
- Ambulatory Care Quality Alliance
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (a division of the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services)
Sign in to your member website to:
- Search for a doctor
- Estimate treatment costs
- Manage your claims
Find doctors and urgent care facilities, estimate costs, check claims, and much more.
UnitedHealthcare® app is available for download for iPhone® or Android™. iPhone is a registered trademark of Apple, Inc. Android is a trademark of Google LLC. Apple, App Store and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Google Play and the Google Play logo are registered trademarks of Google Inc.