Idaho health insurance options
You have more insurance options for your health than you think, Idaho.
If you’re self-employed or without insurance from your employer – in other words, you’re looking for individual or family health insurance in Idaho – you might be looking for Affordable Care Act insurance, what's often called Obamacare. However, we want to make you aware of the whole range of individual and family insurance products we have available in your state.
Hospital & doctor insurance
Health ProtectorGuard fixed indemnity insurance,1 underwritten by Golden Rule Insurance Company, can supplement your major medical plan by paying cash for many common, covered medical services, like a doctor visit, a trip to urgent care or a surgical procedure.
- No deductibles or copays to pay first
- Benefits paid regardless of other insurance
- Money to pay costs not covered by major medical plans, like a deductible
See Idaho hospital & doctor plan options.
See accident and critical illness insurance options.
Idaho dental and vision plans
We offer low cost or no cost health insurance plans for those with limited incomes.
Affordable Care Act (ACA)
You can purchase individual health insurance through the Health Insurance Marketplace. These are plans that meet government requirements per the Affordable Care Act.
Learn more about ACA insurance options in Idaho. Call 1-844-884-0738.
- THIS PLAN PROVIDES LIMITED BENEFITS. This is a supplement to health insurance and is not a substitute for the minimum essential coverage defined by the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- “Hospital Adjusted Expenses per Inpatient Day – 2016.” State Health Facts. Kaiser Family Foundation. Retrieved from https://www.kff.org/health-costs/state-indicator/expenses-per-inpatient-day
- Huddleston, Cameron. “More Than Half of Americans Have Less Than $1,000 in Savings in 2017.” GOBankingRates.com. Sept 12, 2017. Retrieved from https://www.gobankingrates.com/saving-money/savings-advice/half-americans-less-savings-2017/
- Primary insured must be 18 years of age or older.
Product design and availability varies by state. Some benefits have waiting periods.
No individual applying for health coverage through the individual Marketplace will be discouraged from applying for benefits, turned down for coverage, or charged more premium because of health status, medical condition, mental illness claims experience, medical history, genetic information or health disability. In addition, no individual will be denied coverage based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, political affiliation or source of income.
References to UnitedHealthcare pertain to each individual company or other UnitedHealthcare affiliated companies.
Each company is a separate entity and is not responsible for another's financial or contractual obligations.
Administrative services are provided by United HealthCare Services, Inc. or their affiliates.
Products and services offered are underwritten by Golden Rule Insurance Company, Health Plan of Nevada, Inc., Oxford Health Insurance, Inc., UnitedHealthcare Life Insurance Company, UnitedHealthcare of the Mid-Atlantic, Inc., UnitedHealthcare of New York, Inc.
This policy is subject to various exclusions and limitations. For costs and complete details of the coverage, call (or write) your insurance agent or the company (whichever is applicable).