Medicaid frequently asked questions
Find answers to help you get the most out of your health plan
Uhc.com works best on the two most recent versions of the following browsers.
(Functionality may be limited on older versions.)
- Internet Explorer
It takes just minutes to register. When you do, you can get information and tools that help you manage your health plan.
To register, you’ll need to:
- Enter the group ID on your health plan ID card
- Don't have your ID card? Use your Social Security number and ZIP code.
- Have one of the plans below? Use the group ID listed by your plan.
(Please note that the group IDs below should only be used for registration. A different number is shown on your ID card.)
Program Group ID Ohio DSNP OHDSNP Florida DSNP FLDSNP Ohio Medicare Medicaid Plan (OH MyCare) OHMMEP Maryland HealthChoice MDCAID Healthy Louisiana LABYHP Pennsylvania Children’s Health Insurance Plan PACHIP Wisconsin Medicaid WIFHMD
- Choose a username and password.
- Enter an email address.
- Enter a phone number or choose security questions.
That's all there is to it! For your security, we'll send you a confirmation email and a letter via the U.S. mail to the name and address on file.
No. If your group ID changes because you moved to a new state or if it changes within your current state, you will not need to re-register or create a new username or password. When you log in with your HealthSafe ID®, you can choose which account you want to see: the old group ID account or the new group ID account.
If you don't have your ID card AND:
- You already have a user ID and password, you can request new ID cards and view temporary ID cards online. Just sign in and go to Account Settings.*
- You already have a user ID and password and you’re having trouble signing in and don't know your Member ID and Group/Account numbers, please call Technical Support, toll-free at 1-877-542-9239/TTY:711, for further assistance. Technical Support is available 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM ET, Monday – Friday
* Tools and information may vary based on your benefit plan.
Some members do not have a UnitedHealthcare ID card. This means you would not have your group ID.
If you have one of these plans, your group ID is listed below:
|Ohio Medicare Medicaid Plan (OH MyCare)||OHMMEP|
|Pennsylvania Children’s Health Insurance Plan||PACHIP|
If you do not have a group ID, please call 1-877-542-9239 (TTY:711) for help with myuhc.com/CommunityPlan.
National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) has awarded UnitedHealthcare:
Health Plan Accreditation
NCQA Health Plan Accreditation is a nationally recognized evaluation that purchasers, regulators and consumers can use to assess health plans.
- Many of UnitedHealthcare's health plans have been awarded NCQA Health Plan Accreditation. This includes Commercial HMO, HMO/POS, and PPO plans and Marketplace HMO, EPO and PPO plans.
- Check the accreditation status for health plans at NCQA Health Plan Report Card.
Physician Quality Certification
NCQA's Physician Quality (PQ) Certification program evaluates how well health plans measure and report the quality and cost of physicians.
- Check on certification status for Physician Quality at NCQA Physician Quality Report Card.
NCQA is a private, non-profit organization dedicated to improving health care quality. NCQA accredits and certifies a wide range of health care organizations. It also recognizes clinicians and practices in key areas of performance.
URAC has awarded accreditation to UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company and United HealthCare Services Inc.
- URAC’s Health Utilization Management (HUM) standards are designed to ensure that organizations conducting utilization management follow a process that is clinically sound and respects patients’ and providers’ rights.
URAC is an independent, nonprofit accreditation entity, whose mission is to advance health care quality through accreditation, education and measurement.
CHAP Hospice Standards of Excellence has been awarded to Evercare Hospice & Palliative Care, a UnitedHealthcare preferred provider.
Community Health Accreditation Program, Inc. (CHAP) is an independent not-for-profit accrediting body for community-based health care organizations. CHAP has deeming authority by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), meaning CHAP has full deeming authority for home health, hospice and home medical equipment providers.
More questions? We’re here to help.
Call the member phone number on your health plan ID card to talk with a representative.