Programs to help you save
There are a variety of programs designed to help you manage your prescriptions and save on costs.
If you're new to a UnitedHealthcare plan and are transitioning from a non-UnitedHealthcare plan, you'll have extra time to make medication changes.
During the first 120 days of the plan you may:
- Fill 2, 31-day supplies of medications not typically covered under your new pharmacy plan
- Use this grace period to work with a provider to find a covered alternative or meet clinical program requirements for uncovered medications
- Note: this only applies to specific drugs and does not include specialty pharmacy.
You can get help to manage your prescription medications and save money, too. If you’re covered under an eligible benefit plan, you can receive:
- $20 off your copayment or coinsurance when you refill your prescription for a qualifying medication as prescribed (usually once per month).
- $50 off your copayment or coinsurance for mail-order refills of qualifying medications for a 90-day supply.
Call the number on your health plan ID card to see if your medications and health plan qualify for this program. Qualifying medications include:
The Coupon Adjustment Benefit Plan Protection program is designed to apply a member’s true out of pocket costs to their deductible and out-of-pocket maximum when manufacturer coupons are used at BriovaRx specialty pharmacy. Call the number on your health plan ID card to find out if this is part of your plan.
The use of copay cards from drug companies has become more popular with high-cost specialty medications. They can lower your out-of-pocket costs but may increase the plan’s cost on some high-cost and non-preferred medications. Our new program lets you take advantage of the full value of manufacturer’s copay cards without changing your current out-of-pocket costs.
Specialty prescription medications are used to treat complex conditions such as cancer, Hepatitis C, and multiple sclerosis.
- It’s important to get specialty prescriptions filled at a specialty pharmacy because they provide educational and clinical support specifically for these types of medications.
- Call the phone number on your health plan ID card or visit BriovaRx to find a specialty pharmacy for your medication.
Specialty Medications Not Eligible for Coupons (4/15/2020)
Split Fill Program Drug List 2020 - Certain specialty medications may be dispensed by a designated pharmacy in 15-day supplies up to 90 days to make sure you will tolerate the medication. Your copayment or coinsurance will be prorated.
My ScriptRewards helps members manage high-cost prescription medication needs if covered under an eligible health plan. It’s currently available to members who take certain HIV medications:
- It allows you to fill certain HIV drug treatment combinations at a $0 cost-share
- If you fill one of these regimens you can receive a $250 prepaid debit card every 6 months, as long as you continue filling your prescriptions and the program is available.
To find out if you qualify, call 1-877-636-9712 or learn more here.