Health Insurance Made Clear
Learn how to get the most out of your plan.
When you get your health coverage through work, it’s good to learn about your plan to help you make the most of your benefits. These videos are here to help walk you through how to use your health plan, how to get more out of your benefits and how to help keep your costs in line with your budget. It’s a helpful way to start off on the right foot when you have a new plan – or maybe to give yourself a refresher.
Start your health plan with ease.
You can learn ways to get going with your plan by watching, “I enrolled in my plan, what now?”
You’ll find important details like:
- How to know when your plan starts.
- What to do about choosing a primary care provider, or PCP.
- How and why to get referrals when you want to connect with other doctors or specialists.
- How choosing network doctors, clinics and hospitals helps you save money.
- How to get your health info on myuhc.com® or by downloading the UnitedHealthcare Health4Me® app.
Helping you get the most out of your benefits.
You have many benefits that are part of the package with your health plan. Watch “Using my benefits” to get an overview so you can use them better.
You’ll find more ways to help make the most of your benefits, like:
- How to sign in to myuhc.com or download the Health4Me mobile app.
- How online search tools can help you choose network doctors, clinics and hospitals.
- How NurseLineSM can give you advice and help save you money.
- How to locate network pharmacies and see if medications are covered.
- Ways to pay bills, see claims and track payments.
- Information about yearly checkups, wellness and healthier living.
Balance your care and costs.
Find tips on how to help save money on your health plan by watching, “Avoiding Cost Surprises.”
You’ll get help with how to make money-saving choices, including:
- How and why to check estimated costs ahead of time on myuhc.com.
- How and why to use your network.
- When and why you need referrals from your PCP and where to get them.
- How network doctors, clinics and hospitals can save you money.
NurseLineSM is for informational purposes only. Nurses cannot diagnose problems or recommend specific treatment and are not a substitute for your doctor's care. NurseLine services are not an insurance program and may be discontinued at any time.