Save Time and Money
Saving time and money – it’s one way to make sure you’re enjoying your life to the fullest. Choosing a health plan with UnitedHealthcare means you’ll have tools and resources that make saving both easier - so you can get back to doing the things you like to do.
Make your money count.
Saving money starts with choosing a plan that helps control costs and meets your health care needs. Here are more ways you can manage your health plan and save:
- Compare costs first. Depending on where you go for treatment, the same care can have very different price tags. With our Cost Estimator, you can check and compare quality and cost before you receive care.
- Choose your doctor. Make an informed choice about your doctor, clinic or hospital by comparing the quality and value of each using the UnitedHealth Premium® Program.
- Stay in network. Choosing health care providers in your network helps keep costs down. Your plan will usually pay more for network providers than if you go out of your network, so staying in your network is a smart way to save. Check our Provider Directory(Opens a new window) to see if your doctor is in your network.
- Check. Choose. Go. When you need care after-hours, but it’s not an emergency, check your options first to see if you can visit an Urgent Care, Convenience Clinic or other provider instead of an emergency room. It could save you both time and money. Learn more.
- Get and stay healthy. Take charge of your health and wellness by scheduling preventive visits. Living a healthy, active life is also a good way to help you save money – and enjoy your life too.
Make the most of your time.
Quick answers. Easy tools. UnitedHealthcare offers great ways to stay on top of your health plan without taking too much time away from your life. Take advantage of these resources and enjoy your extra time.
- UnitedHealthcare Health4Me app. Download the app for instant mobile access to your health benefit information.
- myuhc.com. Log on(Opens a new window) to manage your benefits, claims and account balances, print a health plan ID card and more using easy tools made for members.
- 24-hour Nurse. Get advice from an expert anytime, night or day. Get direction on what to do about specific symptoms or managing your care. Learn more.
- Virtual Visits. Talk to a doctor from your mobile device or computer and get help for minor health issues like pink eye or a sore throat. A prescription* can be even sent to your local pharmacy – all in 30 minutes or less. Learn more.
All UnitedHealthcare members can access a cost estimator online tool at myuhc.com. Depending on your specific benefit plan and the ZIP code that is entered, either the myHealthcare Cost Estimator or the Treatment Cost Estimator will be available. A mobile version of myHealthcare Cost Estimator is available in the Health4Me mobile app, and additional ZIP codes and procedures will be added soon. This tool is not intended to be a guarantee of your costs or benefits. Your actual costs and/or benefits may vary. When accessing the tool, please refer to the Terms and Conditions of Use and Why Your Costs May Vary sections for further information regarding cost estimates. Refer to your health plan coverage document for information regarding your specific benefits.
For a complete description of the UnitedHealth Premium® designation program, including details on the methodology used, geographic availability, program limitations and medical specialties participating, please visit myuhc.com®.
Virtual visits are not an insurance product, health care provider or a health plan. Unless otherwise required, benefits are available only when services are delivered through a Designated Virtual Network Provider. Virtual visits are not intended to address emergency or life-threatening medical conditions and should not be used in those circumstances. Services may not be available at all times or in all locations.
References to UnitedHealthcare pertain to each individual company or other UnitedHealthcare affiliated companies.
Each company is a separate entity and is not responsible for another's financial or contractual obligations.
Administrative services provided by United HealthCare Services, Inc. or their affiliates.