Required Plan Communications Notice
Certain laws require that we provide specific information to you in writing (“Required Plan Communications”). You can choose to receive that information from us electronically, which will be considered to be “in writing”.
With your consent, we may provide Required Plan Communications to you electronically, and we may stop sending paper communications to you, unless and until you withdraw your consent to receive them electronically. Your consent to receive electronic Required Plan Communications includes, but is not limited to:
- Legal and regulatory notices associated with the products and/or services offered by us
- Benefit Determinations and/or Information (e.g., Explanation of Benefits, Health Statements, Claim Letters)
- Notices or disclosures about payment obligations or features
- Privacy policies and notices (e.g., HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices)
- Certain tax statements or notices (e.g., Form 1095B)
The types of communications available electronically are subject to change, and if additional Required Plan Communications become available in an electronic format, you will receive those communications electronically. At times, in our sole discretion, we may still send you paper communications in lieu of or in addition to sending them electronically.
Method of Providing Required Plan Communications
Required Plan Communications sent electronically will be provided either (1) via email; (2) by access to a website that we will designate in a notice we send to you when the information is available; or (3) by other electronic means.
It is your responsibility to provide us with true, accurate, and complete email address information, and to maintain and update promptly any changes to your email address. You understand that failing to update your email address may delay our providing you Required Plan Communications. You release and hold us harmless from any consequences of your failure to update your email address or provide us an accurate email address.
Setting Your Required Plan Communications Preferences
After consenting to receive Required Plan Communications electronically, you can set your preferences to receive some categories of Required Plan Communications in (1) both electronic and paper format; (2) electronic format only; or (3) paper format only. The ability to set your preferences may not be available for all products, accounts, services, or categories of communications.
How to Withdraw Consent for Required Plan Communications
Your consent remains in effect until you withdraw it. You may withdraw your consent and choose to receive paper mailings at any time. You can update your preferences on the applicable communications preference page(s) on the websites or mobile applications available to you or contact us at the applicable address or toll-free customer services phone number(s).
Any withdrawal of your consent to receive Required Plan Communications will be effective only after we have a reasonable period of time to process your withdrawal.
If you provide us with an invalid email address, or your email address malfunctions, we may, in our sole discretion or as required by law, consider you to have withdrawn consent to receive Required Plan Communications electronically.
Requesting Paper Copies of Required Plan Communications
We will not send you a paper copy of Required Plan Communications unless you request it or we otherwise deem it appropriate or necessary to do so. You have the right to receive a free paper copy of Required Plan Communications. Not all communications that we might send you are Required Plan Communications. To request a paper copy of a specific Required Plan Communication, contact us at the applicable toll-free customer services phone number(s).
Hardware and Software Requirements to Access and Retain Required Plan Communications
In order to access, view, and retain Required Plan Communications that we make available to you, you must have, at your own expense, the following:
- Access to a computer or other device that is capable of accessing the Internet. Your access to this page verifies that your system/device meets these requirements;
- An Internet web browser which is capable of supporting 128-bit encryption communications or higher;
- An email account with an Internet service provider and email software; and
- Software which permits you to access, view, and retain Portable Document Format or “PDF” files, such as a current version of Adobe Acrobat Reader® (which you can download at http://get.adobe.com/reader(Opens a new window)).