What do Medicare Advantage plans cover?
All Medicare Advantage (Part C) plans cover:
- All Medicare Part A (hospital) benefits (hospice coverage may be provided, but if not, will still be covered by Part A)*
- All Medicare Part B (medical) benefits
Most Medicare Advantage Plans Cover:
Additional benefits Medicare Advantage plans may offer:
- Dental exams, cleanings and X-rays
- Eye exams, eyeglasses and corrective lenses
- Hearing tests and hearing aids
- Wellness programs and fitness memberships
- Other extra benefits such as transportation to medical appointments and virtual provider visits
*Even if you have a Medicare Advantage plan, hospice care will still be paid for you by Original Medicare Part A.
Important things to remember about Medicare Advantage plans
- Some plans will have provider networks, some will not
- Out-of-pocket cost limitations can vary by plan
- Plan premiums can vary by plan, with different ones offered to fit different budgets