Why a UnitedHealthcare Copay Focus plan might be right for you
UnitedHealthcare Individual & Family ACA Marketplace plans is offering a new Copay Focus plan coverage option in 2024 with a $0 medical deductible.1 Get the details on what the Copay Focus plan is and how it works.
What is a Copay Focus plan?
A Copay Focus plan is designed to help you know exactly what your eligible care costs before you get care. You’ll have flat-rate copays, usually around $15 or $30 depending on the health care service. Let’s learn more about how Copay Focus plans work.
First, get to know these essential health insurance terms
- Premium: The amount you pay for your ACA health insurance coverage every month.
- Deductible: The amount you must spend on care covered by your plan before your health plan begins to pay.
- Copay: A set dollar amount you pay when you get care covered by your plan.
- Network: The providers and facilities that are contracted to provide care for people with your health plan. Your plan may only pay for care in your plan's network.
How does the Copay Focus plan work?
A Copay Focus plan may be a great choice for those who like to know their eligible care costs up front. Here are important details of the Copay Focus plan:
This plan has a higher monthly premium than some plans. It’s designed that way so you can pay a low flat-rate copay when you need eligible care. You may also qualify for subsidies that can help lower the cost of your monthly premium. We can help estimate your costs and savings during the enrollment process.
$0 medical deductible
With a $0 deductible, you won’t have to worry about paying large out-of-pocket costs to reach a deductible before your plan starts paying – you’ll have predictable costs right from the start for eligible services.
Copays for care
You’ll pay a predetermined copay (usually $15 or $30). This will help you know what your eligible care costs are before you get care. Knowing your estimated cost makes it easier to budget for you and your family’s health care.
Choosing in-network providers
By choosing a network provider, hospital, clinic or pharmacy, you’ll be paying UnitedHealthcare’s negotiated rates for eligible care. You’ll only be responsible for your pre-determined copay. If you choose care that is not in the network, you may be responsible for paying out-of-pocket for your care. To help you find network providers who meet your needs, UnitedHealthcare has digital tools to estimate costs and find nearby network providers, so you’ll have a better sense of your costs before you get care.
Copay Focus plan benefits
A Copay Focus plan from UnitedHealthcare has benefits that are designed to keep you healthier, like:
- $0 preventive care3
- $0 virtual urgent care2
- $5 or less tier 2 prescription medications2
- $100 in rewards2
Plus, extras like
- $0 delivery fee for a 90-day supply of most maintenance prescriptions2
- 20% off Walgreens brand health and wellness products2
- $0 digital fitness membership from OnePass™2
Explore Individual & Family ACA Marketplace plans
Ready to find your personalized Affordable Care Act Marketplace plan? Enter your ZIP code to view and enroll in a plan.