Use this checklist to help you get ready for a telehealth visit
If you’re trying telehealth for the first time or just want to become more comfortable with the process, setting aside time to prepare may be a good place to start.
By reviewing a list of steps, it may help reduce your stress and empower you to feel ready when your appointment time arrives.
Consider using this checklist to help you get the most out of the appointment with your care provider. You can even print it out and check the items off as you complete them — plus keep it handy for the next visit.
- Prepare a list of questions you want to ask your care provider, so you don’t forget any key topics you want to discuss.
- Have prescriptions and supplements on hand, in case your doctor asks questions about the dosage or frequency in which you take them.
- Review the instructions provided by your doctor’s office to ensure you know the steps to take and can successfully install or access the telehealth application.
- Make sure your device is charged or accessible when plugged in.
- Ensure you are connected to the Internet and, if you are using Wi-Fi, that you have a strong signal.
- Open the application for your telehealth visit and give yourself enough time to get connected before your appointment begins.
- Test your audio and video connection, if possible. Make sure your sound is on, the microphone is working and the volume is up.
- Find a private, quiet and well-lit area to sit while having your visit. Avoid glare on your device from windows and find a spot that’s free from distractions.